Entries For: September 2009
Delft, The Netherlands - August 25, 2009
The first XtreemOS summit was co-located with Euro-Par 2009 in Delft, The Netherlands.
The objective of this half-day summit was to present the XtreemOS technology with different talks ranging from a general overview to selected topics including security, resource matching, and parallel I/O. After the talks different demonstrations were run to show the benefits of the XtreemOS system.
The summit concluded with an interesting and fruitful discussion between the audience and the XtreemOS representatives.
XtreemOS summit webpage: here
Thilo Kielmann (VUA) also gave an invited talk at CoreGRID 2009 workshop (in conjunction with EuroPar): "XtreemOS a sound foundation for IaaS and cloud federations"
In addition, John Mehnert-Spahn (UDUS) presented an XtreemOS paper:
- "The Architecture of the XtreemOS Grid Checkpointing Service" by
- heise (english) http://www.h-online.com/open/Distributed-file-system-for-the-internet--/news/114009
- heise (german) http://www.heise.de/open/Verteiltes-Dateisystem-fuers-Internet--/news/meldung/143550
- golem (german) http://www.golem.de/0908/69078.html
- Linux Magazin (german) http://www.linux-magazin.de/NEWS/XtreemFS-1.0-ist-fertig
- 01net.com (french) http://pro.01net.com/editorial/505038/avec-xtreemfs-leurope-a-son-systeme-de-fichiers-en-ligne/
More about XtreemFS: here