WP5.3: Collaboration with other Grid-related IST projects
Task 5.3.1: Exploitation of synergies / technical concertation
Contact person in XtreemOS: Christine Morin (INRIA)
Objectives and activities of this task:
- Definition and establishment of relevant technical Groups (TGs) and regular contribution to them to exchange information and exploit synergies among the work developed by the projects.
- The GRIDSTART TGs served as a starting point for this work but the structure and modus operandi have evolved over time.
- For planning purposes, it is assumed that there will be 10 TGs.
- Project partners and individuals are nominated as project representatives in TGs.
- It is currently foreseen that there will be one large event per year where physical meetings of TGs could be arranged.
- The work of the TGs will be reported in the Project Collaboration deliverables.
XtreemOS will take part in the activities of the following Technical working Groups:
TG1-Basic Grid Architecture: this technical group is in relation with XtreemOS SubProject 2 (Linux for Virtual Organizations) and SubProject 3 (Grid Support for Linux).
The contact for the XtreemOS project is Gregor Pipan (XLAB).
- TG4-Monitoring and fabric management: The contacts for the XtreemOS project are from BSC and XLAB.
TG5-Data management: this technical group is in relation with WP3.4 (Data Management).
The contact for the XtreemOS project is Felix Hupfeld (ZIB).
TG6-Trust and security: this technical group is in relation with WP2.1 (Virtual Organization Support in Linux), WP2.3 (Virtual Organization Support in Linux for Mobile Devices) and WP3.5 (Security in Virtual Organizations).
The contact for the XtreemOS project is Brian Matthews (STFC).
- XtreemOS (with Christine Morin - INRIA) chairs the TG8-Virtual Organizations management.