WP5.3: Collaboration with other Grid-related IST projects
Task 5.3.2: Joint fora for exchange and dissemination
Contact person in XtreemOS: Christine Morin (INRIA)
Objectives and activities:
- This task covers both "inward exchange between projects" and "outward dissemination".
- Joint public launch events of the FP6 projects with top-level participation from the European Commission and partners (Strong media coverage, press releases...).
- This event will be combined with a concertation type meeting on the next day for FP5/FP6 projects. This will ensure smooth transition with earlier projects, avoiding repeating work already developed, understanding the current status of the various TGs and setting up new or consolidating existing TGs.
- A yearly dissemination/exchange event to be organised in turm by the Integrated Projects and Networks of Excellence. Other events like industry fora for instance may also be linked to this event.
- A common IST Grid research Web Portal as a single point of entry for IST Grid research.
- A web collaboration forum for projects as a basis for the work under this work package.
- Joint conferences.
XtreemOS specific commitment to this task:
XtreemOS participated to the IST launch event of FP6 call5 projects and to the concertation days on September 19-21 2006 in Brussels (Belgium) (More information about this event)
XtreemOS will participate to other concertation activities organized during the life of XtreemOS project.